Monday, September 24, 2007

I am Hush Puppy Not


Hi All,

I'm Sugar the Beagle. There were several occasions when my mistress, Rane (her pseudo name) brings me out, people will go around saying "oooh ... look at that Hush Puppy!".

Last week, Rane and I walked pass this young couple, with the boyfriend
proudly (and loudly) announcing to her girlfriend "Look at how cute that 'Hush Puppy' is! I had wanted to buy the 'Hush Puppy' dog when i saw it at the pet shop the last time!"

I felt so offended. Especially when he couldn't stop pointing at me. My mistress started to wonder. If the guy had really purchased the "Hush Puppy", would he abandon that 'Hush Puppy' upon realising that it was a beagle!

Anyway, for those who don't know, allow me to do a brief introduction. Hush puppies are not beagles, they are basset hounds. Though both the beagle and basset hound are scent hounds (scent hounds refer to canines who hunt primarily with their acute sense of smell), and are usually tri coloured, we are two different kind of breeds.

Beagles have ears that looks more triangular that are while basset hounds have ears that are much longer, like a vertical rectangle. If you were to look at a beagle, then a basset hound, it will seem as though a basset hound has a much longer body with slightly shorter legs, in comparison to a beagle.

Beagles are commonly represented by the cartoon character, Snoopy.

A picture speaks a thousand words. Just view my photo, and then juxtapose it with your Hush Puppy's shoebox. You will then be able to see the vast difference between the two.

No comments: