As a new year approaches, it's time to look at what we have been through in the past year.
Highlights of 2008
- Posh joined our big furmily.
- Xiao Xin (pronounced as see-ao sin), the roboskii joined our big furmily.
- Goldlion the cat who was picked up and treated by Rane, is now adopted by Mage. Though we do not live together, I'll still take it that he's joined our big furmily too.
- I joined the SKC Obedience Trial for the 1st time.
Best of 2008
- It's the first time I've received Christmas cards from fellow fur-bloggers all over the world!
- I've met the most number of fur-bloggers!
- I never knew so many people/furries read my blog (I almost wanted to give up blogging for a period of time!)
- Posh & I went swimming for the first time at the beach.
- Posh & I went visiting the most number of parks ever.
- Posh & I dined out at dog cafes the most number of time ever.
- Mage bought us a machine to produce treats w/o preservatives, colourings & artificial flavouring. We love these home made treats better than any commercially produced ones!
Saddest of 2008
This year, we mourned the most number of deaths in the furmily ever. I hope this will never happen again in the following years.
- We lost our dearest Tehxi.
- We lost Herbie, the roboski we rescued and reared.
- We lost 2 feather friends, Winter and Baby shortly after rescuing them.
Things I wished never happened in 2008
- I injured my hind leg and was limping for a period of time.
- Posh suffered immense pain when a metal bar thats 0.5cm in diameter pierced through the web of her front paw.
the problematic beaglebit her front paw excessively till an infection occured.
- I was officially declared by the veterinarian that I was 5kg overweight! Since then, my food and treats intake were reduced. However I lost only 2.5kg, which means I've got another 2.5kg more to go. It didn't help when people start commenting on how fat I was. Goodbye yummy goodies. =(
- Someone forced Rane to give up both Posh & I, but Rane (with the support of her immediate family) insisted on keeping us. We're kind of safe at the moment. Keep your paws crossed for us.
It's the time of the year for New Year Resolutions and things to look forward to.
Things I Aim/Wish for
- Lose my remaining 2.5kg of excess fats/weight.
- Score well for my next Obedience Trial.
- Have Posh to stay with us.
- Get along well with Posh. (We have a love-hate relationship =D)
- Maintain a cordial relationship with the rest of the furries.
- Eat out more often at Dog Cafes.
- Celebrate my 3rd birthday with a pawty.
- Be showered with more Tender Loving Care.
- Be fed more treats.
- Be fed more chicken and duck in my meals (I LOVE poultry).
- Get Rane to bake me home made cookies (I'm very fussy you see.)
- Roll in the sand more often @ the beach(my favourite).
- More swims in the sea.
- More walks! No amount is ever too much!
- Have a roof over our furry heads.
- To have Rane with us all the time (she almost wanted to leave us with her family members when she got a vacancy in an Australian university this year. Thank goodness we melted her heart and changed her mind for now.)
Happy New Year!
Sugar the Beagle