Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Story

After blogging for a month, I realised that I have yet to formally introduce myself. Allow me to do that today.

My Story

I was a pooch that both Mage and Rane has look forward to for years. They fell head over heels for me, and since then there was no turning back. As none of their parents were approving of rearing a dog, they had to brain storm for a long time before Mage decided to use the excuse of having me as a 'graduation gift'.

Even though the decision to get me was pretty much impromptu, both Mage and Rane did not make the decision on impulse; neither did they get me 0ut of novelty. In fact, Rane has read a lot about the various dogs' breeds, behaviour, demands and even diseases/sicknesses, therefore she had known what to expect when rearing a dog. She did only do this out of interest, but also to prepare for the day when she decides to own a dog. Therefore, when they first saw me, Rane could identify that I was a beagle, and that I will most probably be hyperactive (in comparison to lap dogs) and demand a lot attention. Most importantly, she guessed that I will bear the 'typical beagle's stubbornness'.

What a spot on she was.

Goodbye Mage

I stayed with Mage for a month in Marine Parade before I was arranged to stay with Rane, as Mage had to serve the nation for 2.5 months. During my short stay in Rane's house, I won the heart of Rane's family. Rane's parents no longer resist the thought of rearing a dog! I was finally accepted.

By the time I had to go home, everybody was so attached to me, they were so unwilling to let me leave. I guess the only ones who were happy were my fur-siblings - The 3 B's (I'll introduce more about my fur-siblings in my following post), as I had robbed them of their love and attention. Most importantly, they found me irritating for constantly sniffing them, and eating their food (and shit too).

In less than a month after returning to Mage's home, I was back at Rane's home! I was just too irresistable. Since then, I have been staying at Rane's house (much to the dismay of Mage).

Mage, I am really sorry. Sometimes it's really hard to decide when you are torn between two loved ones. I shall reassure you that I still love you and I will like to spend as much time with you as you will allow me to. If allowed to, I will gladly split myself or clone myself into two, so that I will be able to accompany both of you at all point in time.

Mage, are you already convinced by what I have said?

You will still continue to shower me with your love right? * wags tail*

No comments: