Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bukit Batok Park

Infrequent Updates

Sincere apologies to readers who have been visiting my blog, only to realise that I have yet to post any entries in the month of March.

As Rane has lent our camera to Mage, there was no way we could transfer the pictures taken into our computer as we do not have a SD card reader. Moreover, our hard disk space is full as it is cluttered with Rane’s dramas and serials, despite having a disk space of 193GB. .

Since we have gotten the camera back, we have transferred all the photos we have taken in the whole of this month, thus I will be uploading them and blog about them pretty often in the next one week or so, so do check out my blog regularly ya!

----------------------------------------------------------

Bukit Batok Nature Park

Before I stepped paw into Bukit Batok Nature Park, I had the idea that it was a small park which I can cover within minutes. I only realised that it was much bigger than what I thought after exploring it earlier this month. I only explored one part of the park after spending a good two hours there.

No wonder troops of armies were sent to Bukit Batok Nature Park to track Mas Selamat the day before our trip. There was quite a bit of vegetation.

That aside, let me share with you my trip that day.


Bukit Batok Memorial.




And I was made to post in front of it.




A mini map of the park.




A small stream of water.




Which leads to this. The surface of the water looked
really calm, but the undercurrents seemed strong.




The water from the stream flows to this
(used to be) quarry.




Along the way, we spot some signs that are
not commonly seen.




How about feeding me for free, instead of
having to pay $500 to feed the monkeys!




Actually there were more signs along the way,
but Rane was lazy too tired to take photos of them.




The Never Never End Road.




And the Never Never End Steps.




And there's always more to come.




And the Very Very Steep Slopes.




Spot the Not!




Yes! It was a long trail of Big Ants!
I had to run fast as I was afraid the ants will start eating
me up, for I am Sugar, you see!




We also spotted some nice plants too!
Rane: I remember eating a vegetable (raw)
similar to this fern
when I was in Cambodia!




The Trunk must have fought hard to survive
the La Nina effect.




The 'growths' on the tree sure gave me goosebumps.
Anyone knows what kind of parasite plant is that?
They remind me of piles (with a tinge of chlorophyll).




Pandas came to my mind the moment I saw
these Bamboo Trees.




On the way back, we spotted a worker skiving resting.




Find the workers who are catching forty winks!




I never knew Bukit Batok Park has such a rich history.




A very hot and exhausted me was glad to be in the car
with the air conditioner blowing straight at my face.


My first time going for a car wash, and I was scared stiff!
Half the time, I was trying to dodge the water that was
'splashing' in my direction!




----------------------------------------------------------

Readers of My Blog

On hindsight, my blog has more than 1000 views!

Though it has been 6 months since I started blogging,
I will consider this a breakthrough, as I thought/felt/sensed
that very few people will read my blog, since it's all about a dog (me).

Moreover, my comment box and tag board has very little movement,
thus I tend to assume that my blog is rarely visited by others.

May I urge visitors or readers of my blog to tag or comment more
often, so that I will have the motivation to update more frequently,
knowing that there are people out there reading my blog.


Yours Truly,
Sugar

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Sugar,
This is Djembe the dog. You visited my blog and posted a comment. I wanted to swing by and say hello. I like your blog very much, and I thought your last trip was a cool one. You seemed to walk for a long time for having such short legs. I like you.
I'll ad you as my friend.
Smell ya later
Djembe the dog